Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

catownersgroup - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* catownersgroup > Topics

Subject: been to the vet today
Replies: 13 Views: 774

iilmadme 10.09.16 - 05:46pm
with my oldest girl.she's going to be tested for diabetes n an over active thyroid.i couldnt even completely put my finger on what was bothering me.she's lost weight(she needed to) n her coat doesnt seem in good condition.and she woke up hissing.then went looking for food.the vet said her heart was beating very fast n that she may be a bit blind *

mok214 10.09.16 - 05:50pm
Aw, I'll send out a prayer for her. *

iilmadme 10.09.16 - 05:51pm
im just really glad i get to keep her.i was scared of what they might say.she seems happy,she's following me around,she seems brighter than earlier.she's as good as gold n usually enjoys meeting people.there have been workmen for her to pester lately lol aww.GIF *

iilmadme 10.09.16 - 05:52pm
aww thanks mok hug.GIFx *

iilmadme 11.09.16 - 04:08pm
i dont think she's blind.her pupils were very dilated.id already noticed n i was worried it was a sign of pain.im scared about what they will find now.she's being so normal,i dont want to start something rolling :( but is there any advantage to not finding out quickly? yesterday i treated it as an emergency because the idea of kidney probs scare me.i told the vet that n she said she couldnt guarantee there wouldnt be some after theyve dealt with whatever it is.diabetes will need injections.hyper(?? must check) thyroidism would require tablets.i dont mind if it makes her healthier.vet said even with kidney probs managed properly they can chug along happily for years *

iilmadme 12.09.16 - 03:46pm
she had her blood tests this morning n her kidneys are a bit iffy apparently.but not enough to worry the vet just yet.they are getting me to start on a special diet n i have to get a urine sample tomorrow to assess how bad the problem is.she can have an injectipn about once a month or as n when required if things start to look bad.she looks really cheerful n bright today,she's such a good girl.they shaved her throat omg.GIF..im in worse condition than she is,not feeling too good at all *

iilmadme 13.09.16 - 09:34pm
she doesnt like the special diet,she's always been a fussy one.the other two like it.but they cant have it.im wondering if attempting to feed her in a different room will just upset her more.someone on fb said that their cat's levels improved by having the diet food just some of the time *

iilmadme 14.09.16 - 04:58pm
well that's the wee sample taken in.they will phone me today or tomorrow to see if i want them to test it further.i'll say yes...may as well get it done..my girl is looking in great shape now.she's probably afraid not to lol *

iilmadme 14.09.16 - 11:34pm
she just let me feed her in the kitchen with me.i did 1part special to 2parts normal with a bit of hot water.it's a start..and now she's chosen to return to her own food for seconds n not the other cats' dishes happy.GIF result *

iilmadme 17.09.16 - 01:05am
she's enjoying her food :) i went to the vets to get more.n while i was there i asked about the test results as i had heard nothing n the nurse said it seemed fine but they want to do more tests.i cant tell whether they are taking the pee now.they were going to dipstick the urine n then ask me if i wanted same sample tested further.i had already decided to let them do what they needed to..the first results seem very encouraging.n now they want more blood tests? thing is,there is no treatment to give her in these early days apart from the change of diet.which is well underway.i think i would just like them to do the urine tests as agreed n then retest her every so often to see how she's doing.this seems reasonable *

iilmadme 17.09.16 - 01:09am
if i dont hear anything by the end of monday i will phone the particular vet at her normal branch in the other town she works at.i kind of like the other vets more.i'd be happy to swap our treatment to one of her colleagues who spends more time here *

iilmadme 19.09.16 - 06:09pm
i phoned the vet.she says there may be a slight infection somewhere.they can give an antibiotic injection on the off chance or do a scan to investigate.but both seem a bit ott while she seems well.so we've agreed to monitor her n just keep going with the special diet.which she now seems to like *

iilmadme 25.10.16 - 09:20pm
im supposed to get her retested after 6 months to see how it's going.she's eating well.im only happy when she eats *

iilmadme 7.12.16 - 09:47am
im a bit unhappy with how she looks generally again.reminds me of how it was before the special diet.so if my mom concurs when she gets here im taking her to the vets.they said they can give injections for loss of appetite i think..
vets scare me.last time they gave one of my cats an injection for kidney problems (that i didnt know were there,tbh) the spiral downhill was rapid.now,is that something about the treatment?

and typically,her appetite is better this morning lol.i dont know whether some of this is to be expected n whether to ride it out or not.i dont know whether to trust these people to tell me that *

* catownersgroup Forum

Search:
topics replies

* catownersgroup

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits